Dear CAPA members,
It is my great honor to be your next president and I thank you for giving me the privilege to serve all of you. I am looking forward to work with each of you who demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in making CAPA greater.
I would like to thank all my predecessors for the exceptional work they have done in pursuit of our goal and acknowledge their great achievement. I would also like to congratulate Dr. Huan-You Wang for being elected as President-elect (2018-2019) and Drs. Feng Li, Xiuli Liu, and Zenggang Pan for being new Executive Committee members. Great teamwork makes a society competitive and respectable, which is a prerequisite to maker CAPA greater and for us to collaborate with other national and international pathology societies. In the upcoming year, our servant leadership will apply lessons and wisdom gained from previous experience. Among our priorities is to make an amendment to the current CAPA Bylaws led by the Bylaws Committee. In addition, we hope all of us to commit to a culture of cohesiveness, inclusiveness, effective communication, and mutual support, all of which are essential to the healthy growth and unification of our society.
In light of CAPA’s key mission being improvement of education opportunities and professional skills, the focus of our new leadership team remains on education. The plans include, but not limited to, the following issues.
1. Continue weekly online lectures
2. The 4th CAPA Diagnostic Pathology Course (Flushing, NY, August 25-26, 2018)
3. CAPA annual business meeting (with possible pathology updates) and social dinner, in alignment with the next USCAP annual meeting (National Harbor, Maryland, March 16-22, 2019)
4. Outreach interactions with other pathology societies, both in the U.S. and China
5. Co-organize the 4th Sino-US Cancer Diagnostic Pathology Summit (Beijing, China, July 28-29, 2018)
6. Resume CAP companion meeting (Chicago, October 20-24, 2018)
7. Promote CAPA Subcommittees and their role in different conferences
8. Continue CAPA awards to promote academic excellence for junior members
9. Further update CAPA website
10. Continue publish CAPA eNewsletter
11. Internal review of CAPA finance document, followed by external auditing and applying 501C(3) status
12. Continue amendment to the current Bylaws
13. Promote a healthy CAPA election on the basis of the amended Bylaws
14. Continue fund-raising campaign
Together, we will embrace our profound purpose of making our CAPA greater and stronger. I hope you will join me in building the momentum for this great cause.
Yun Gong, MD
CAPA president 2018-1019
MD Anderson Cancer Center
President_s message 3.26.2018