CAPA Membership FAQ
CAPA’s 700+ members (more than 400 active members) form an extensive network in all sectors of?pathology practice in North America and other parts of the world,?including academic, private and industrial institutions. CAPA membership?puts you right in contact with many other members in the CAPA community.
CAPA holds its annual meeting in conjunction with USCAP meeting and?discusses diverse range of issues and topics important to its members.?It has employed different formats and covered many topics, including?scientific and research collaborations, career development and employment?opportunities. CAPA also offers diagnostic pathology courses and various online CME opportunities, which have become very popular among its members.
Pathologists-in-training are encouraged to become members. CAPA holds?its annual Best Abstract Awards with certificates and cash awards. Many CAPA?members are involved in fellowship programs. The Resident Subcommittee of the Career Development Committee is?actively engaged in mentoring new residents and fellows.
All committees are open to all CAPA members and encourage their?active participation.
CAPA is a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers. Please fill out the application form to become a member and if interested, volunteer for committee activities. If you wish spend more time and effort, you can nominate yourself or ask another member to nominate you during the open election to become an executive committee (EC)?member or president-elect. The minimum qualification for EC member and president-elect is demonstrating years of interest in CAPA and willingness to serve the public benefits of CAPA. Demonstration of leadership and organizational skills is highly desirable for president-elect.
Yes! There are 3 membership levels for you to consider:
- Associate membership for pathologists-in-training: Free
- Regular membership: $50/year
- Lifetime membership: $500/lifetime
The annual Regular Membership is valid for a calendar year from January 1 to December 31. You may start to pay next year’s membership fee in October. For?new members?who join in October through December, they will receive membership benefits for not only the rest of the year but also the entire next year.
Please follow these simple steps to become a CAPA member:
- Fill in the online member registration form by clicking “Member -> Registration“. Find your desired membership level and click on the “Register Now” button.
- CAPA membership admin will review your membership application and will approve it if you qualify.?
- You will receive email notification once your application is approved and your CAPA membership account will be created.
- If you applied for the associate membership level: you are done – your CAPA membership is active.
If you applied for the regular or lifetime membership, your membership status will be set to “expired” initially since payment needs to be collected. Please:
- Login to CAPA website (Important so CAPA knows your identity).
- Go to “Member -> Upgrade/Renew” page to select the desired membership level and make a payment.
- Your CAPA membership will be set to active once payment is processed successfully.
CAPA encourages you to use the CAPA website to make the membership payment as payment will be handled automatically and your account status will be updated instantly. Online payment is handled by PayPal. The PayPal portal allows you to either pay with your PayPal account, or with a credit/debit card. Please try to use the same name and email address as your CAPA membership since this will make CAPA membership bookkeeping easier.
Please follow steps below to make payment:
- Login to your CAPA account here.
- Once logged in, you will see the “Member Area”. Click “Renew or Upgrade“. This will bring you to the membership payment page.
- Select the membership level you want to pay for, click on the “PAY NOW” button.
- You will be re-directed to PayPayl portal. From here you can either choose to pay with your PayPal account, or you can pay with debit/credit card (this option can be found at the lower part of the page).
Please save a copy of your payment confirmation email or the PayPal receipt ID for your future reference.
If you don’t have access to PayPal or credit/debit card, you can still choose to pay by check. Please make your check payable to CAPA and mail it to the Chair of Membership Committee (see below). A receipt will be sent to you upon receival of the payment.